Forums · General English Grammar & Vocabulary, Listening & Speaking · General English Grammar Questions
Will someone please check my homework. If I am doing it wrong will you please correct me and tell me what I am doing wrong before my quiz tomorrow.
Classifying Sentence according to structure
Underline each subordinate clause in the paragraph below. On the line before each sentence classify the sentence by writing simp for simple, comp for compound, cx for complex or cd. -cx for compound-complex
(11) CX Juan Gonzalez plays for the Texas Ranger, in the American
(12) CX When he was only twenty-three years old, he hit his
one-hundredth career home run.
(13) CD. - CX He is proud of his Puerto
Rican heritage and on his Rangers cap, he wears a pin that shows a tiny
Puerto Rican flag
(14) Comp His native language is Spanish, and now he
is learning English, because many American sportswriters keep asking him
(15) Comp He wants to cooperate, but he often turns
down interview request.
(16) Comp He feels that his English is not yet
good enough, and he fears that he will be misunderstood or misquoted.
(17) SIMP The fans who are most important to Juan Gonzalez are
(18) CX Because he wants to help young people, he
spends a lot of time with children.
(19) SIMP He does this in the United
States and in Puerto Rio.
(20) SIMP He believes that sports stars should be good role models for their young fans.
People are waiting to help.
Live chatRegistered users can join here
Related forum topics:
Correcting English mistakes, Approaches to...Learning English online?English learning?Poll: Difficulties learning Englishunderline/underscore?underline/underscore (American English)?Clauses?english learning chat room?Interviews?English sentences?Noun clauses Vs adjective clauses?movies for learning englishto classify Vs for classifying?Sentence Classifying?Do I underline this or not?Complex sentences, subordinate clauses?Learning English Idioms