This is a discussion thread · 58 replies
1. The husband should bring most of the money in the family.
2. Women are less intelligent than men.
3. Football is for idiots.
4. Computers are very important in education.
5. Knowing English well is equivalent to a college degree.
6. The actual school system is not good.
7. Success in life means money.
8. Nationalism is a positive thing.
9. Talk shows on TV are useless and boring.
10. Husbands and wives should have the same educational level.
11. Friendship is the most important relationship in life.
12. Marketing and management should be taught in last two years of high school.
13. Doing a job that you like is more important than to earn more money.
14. It is much more difficult to do business in the East than in western European countries.
15. Business means trust.
16. Being a team worker is more important than to be a brilliantly creative person.
17. What job would you like to do and why?
18. Living alone can be an advantageous and good solution.
19. Multinationals and globalization bring good and bad things.
20. Where would you like to travel if you had 3000 USD?
21. Managers should also be excellent psychologists.
22. Church is a positive factor in our society.
23. Teaching is one of the most fascinating jobs.
24. Speak about your image of a perfect teacher.
25. Light drugs should be treated more tolerantly.
26. Democracy has bad aspects too.
27. Working in an advertising agency would be very interesting.
28. Guns~ pros and cons
29. Organizing a travel agency.
30. Camping holidays vs. hotels.
31. Big family vs. an only child.
32. TV is bad for young people.
33. What would you do if you won 1 million ?
34. Private English classes vs. group courses.
35. Capitalism is not a fair society.
36. It’ s not fair that film stars or football players earn millions.
37. A common Europe- is it just a dream?
38. High Street shops vs. supermarkets.
39. Cosmetic surgery- pros and cons.
40. Women are not equal to men in our society.
41. Smoking should be banned.
42. TV is doing harm.
43. Grow fat and be happy!
44. Stricter traffic laws could prevent serious accidents.
45. Parents are too permissive with their children nowadays.
46. Vicious and dangerous sports should be banned.
47. Compulsory military service should be abolished everywhere.
48. Childhood is certainly the happiest time of your life.
49. Examinations exerts a bad influence on education.
50. Tourism doesn’t contribute at all to the understanding between nations.
51. Living in a large, modern city- only a madman would choose it.
52. No one wants to live to be a hundred.
53. Equality of opportunities in a society- only a dream.
54. Capital punishment is the only way to deter criminals.
55. People should not spend billions on exploring the space.
56. The most important of all human qualities is a sense of humour.
57. I6t’s foolish to give money to beggars.
58. Men are worse gossips than women.
59. Animals should not be kept in captivity.
60. Life begins at forty.
61. Vegetarianism is a way to find the way of good life.
62. The churches have nothing to do with modern life.
63. The United States of Europe is a fine ideal.
64. Teaching machines can replace teachers.
65. The customer is always right.
66. Emigration will solve our problems.
67. History is a purposeless activity.
68. Giving money to beggars is stupid.
Copyright Peter Szabo, The Thoughts of a Private Teacher, 2003
Copyright For and Against, Longman Group Ltd. 1973
Anonymous:Hi,I'm Marry from Vietnam.I would like to debate with you about the topic you did choose.Could you tell me which side you debate for or against ?
I think you have misunderstood the point of this thread, it is not a "topic debating" thread, it is a
Resource of articles submitted by our teachers.
In other words, the postings are by teachers, ... and the particular posting you have responded to is a suggestion list from one teacher to other teachers, listing potential topics for classroom discussion, subjects which may be used in order to help their respective English Language students to practise and develop their conversation and discussion skills.
Anonymous:im doing an assignment on "childhood is the happiest time of your life" if any body has any thoughts on this would be very grateful.
Anonymous:i fully agree with this statement tht childhood is the happiest time of ones life as we dnt have to think bout nything not evenb ourselves as we have pl around us to take care of us, we r not blamed of doin nything, but as we grow we get surrounded with lot of problems at each stage of life and we alone have to solve them.
Anonymous:I don't think so. Even though I personally had a great childhood, there are those in the world who would argue with that. Children of abuse for example.
People are waiting to help.
Live chatRegistered users can join here
Related forum topics:
Free online word games posted here (only free...Writing topics?Cause/effect topicsFree rhymes to a good homeEssay topicsFree vs for free?for free?funny topics for english debatesInteresting topics for a research paper?Taboo topics of conversationchat over various topics?free at the point of delivery?traincrash - congestion charge in London -...Topics, please?FREE TIME?Make our room hotter with topics to debaterepeated topicsTopics on religionRe: Free discussions- topics to be debated?referring to the topics of the day or place ?Free / for a free?English Corner Topics