This is a discussion thread · 0 replies
Remember that this is an open forum-- anyone on the internet can read what you have posted, and posts are accessible to search engines like Google. Do not post anything that you do not wish others to read.
By using this site you agree to the following basic guidelines and fundamentals. Please read them:
1) You certify that you are 13 years of age or over. All individuals under the age of 13 years will need a full release form from their parents before posting. This is to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 2000 (COPPA).
2) You may express any view you wish, as long as it's not hateful or intentionally malicious. We will delete racist, sexist, politically or religiously inflammatory posts immediately (without question, or discussion).
3) If you disagree with a view expressed and wish to reply, do so in a civil manner, remember to represent your view with an informed diplomacy.
4) Always be respectful of other users, the system, and the moderators. We put the system online in good faith; please use it in good faith.
5) No rudeness, attacks, flaming or cursing. We want to keep this forum safe for the younger among us; plus it only shows a lack of vocabulary (obvious really).
6) Please keep your posts clean of personal vendettas.
7) Asking for cybersex or phone sex or to meet for sex is not allowed! Approaching for love or otherwise annoying or harassing behaviour of the sort will be banned!
8) Posts may be removed for any number of reasons; please keep your posting on topic and relevant to the thread you are in. If you wish to start a new discussion, or change the subject, please post a new thread in the appropriate forum.
9) All forum sections are moderated for foul language and commercialized promotional posts.
10) Be descriptive, specific, and succinct in your postings. This way your opinion and point is clearly understood and referenced. Remember, people from all over the world read here with English as a second language.
11) You agree not to hold englishforums.com or its members liable for anything stated within the forums.
12) Nicknames that we feel are promotional, inflammatory, vulgar, rude, or generally confusing (e.g. “web administrator”) will be removed. Usernames must only consist of letters of the English alphabet.
13) Signing up a user name that is an obvious domain name or product name will be removed. This is out of unfair promotion considerations as well as trademark implications.
14) The forums are not a venue for advertisements in any way. It will be the sole discretion of englishforums.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.
15) Self promotional URL drops and whisper campaigns are strictly forbidden within the forums and will be edited out.
16) For our part we will do our best to protect your privacy and respect your posts. We will not edit or otherwise misrepresent what you write without cause.
17) Please do not add personal details such as email addresses, Skype names, Facebook names, phone numbers, etc in posts. We will end up removing these for your own protection.
18) Avatars and pictures you are uploading must be in good taste, without promoting political or religious views, contain no nudity and be appropriate for family viewing. The decision to remove an inappropriate avatar or picture rests with the moderators.
19) When posting copyrighted material make sure to credit the author. Otherwise the content may be deleted. Links permitting illegal downloading of copyrighted materials or direct links to downloads of any kind are forbidden.
20) Please only register with one user name, we frown upon members having multiple nicks as this can get confusing and other members might feel deceived.
21) If we get requests from members, or feel like you might not be representing yourself correctly with the photo you have uploaded, we may at any point request you to follow the following instructions so we can be sure that you are not representing someone else:
- take a photo of yourself holding a sheet of paper saying “Englishforums”;
- send the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
Refusal to do so will possibly result in us removing the photos in question.
To avoid this, if the photo is NOT of you, please mention it in the description of the photo.
22) This site is an English only website. Please keep all posts, comments, images and announcements in English. Other languages are only allowed in the regional subdomains (e.g. http://www.englishforums.com/ru ).
23) We frown on (and will most likely delete) the following types of posts:
a. Anonymous posts containing contact information, advertising or links to other websites.
b. Posts containing graphics, URL links or other distractors in signatures, or any form of advertising.
c. Posts containing obscenities, racist remarks, flames, solicitation, virus infections or other really bad things.
d. Duplicate posts, or those which contain only quotes from a previous post.
e. Posts which are off-topic.
f. Posts that do not contain anything substantive, including those with only emoticons, or little more than the word “hello” or an email addresses.
g. Poorly written posts with an obvious disregard for capitalization and punctuation, as well as those with excessive use of 1337-speak (example: hw r u?).
h. Posts that include derogatory comments about another member's use of English.
24) It will help us a great deal if you do these:
a. Please don't use instant messaging language such as "u" or "bb", neither on the forums nor in the chat. If you want us to help with your English, please use your best efforts first. We won't provide answers until we've seen that you have tried it first.
b. Allow at least a few hours for a response to grammar/vocabulary questions and a few days for letters, etc. The teachers and native speakers who are here to help you are volunteers. Please respect their time.
c. Post the same question only ONCE.
d. Start a new thread for new questions
e. When quoting a prior post, add your questions either outside of the quote, or in a different color. (We can't easily tell what you have added to the quote.)
f. Please, please, please provide CONTEXT when you ask us what some little phrase mean. The same phrase can have many meanings in difference situations, so we need to see more than just "beat a day."
g. Remember that everyone sometimes makes mistakes.
h. Be careful with cut&pastes from Word--all that rogue formatting. Limit your use of enormous fonts. Use the “paste from Word” button in the post editor to paste text from Word into your post.
i. "Please" and "thank you" are appreciated.
We reserve the right to edit any and all content that has been placed on englishforums.com.
A user's account may be terminated at any time at the discretion of the site Administration.
We reserve the right to modify these Guidelines from time to time without notice and any changes made are retroactive.
People are waiting to help.
Live chatRegistered users can join here
Related forum topics:
IELTS (General training)Here Is The Origin and History of The English...General accessibility of messagesBusiness English and ESL teacher is needed...ESL, How to speak and learn English languageGuidelines on writing instructions?Terms and conditions apply or Term and...guidelines on these?a second language?Web Questionnaire Help Request (cross post to...Imporatnce of Grammar to learn English as a...The Journey to English LanguageTerms and ConditionsTerms/conditions?Rules of English language?General & Business Letter Writing?University application - motivation letter...Business writing