Forums · General English Grammar & Vocabulary, Listening & Speaking · English Audio: Speech & Pronunciation
Ques: Decide whether the intonation is rising or falling at the end of given sentences and give reason to support your answer:
1. Who is he? Falling intonation / Wh-question
2. Is she here? Rising intonation / Yes/No or polarity type Question
3. You´re going aren´t you? Rising intonation / Tag-question
4. You aren´t going are you? Rising intonation / Tag-question
5. Why did you do it? Falling intonation / Wh-question
6. That´s so nice of you! Falling intonation / Exclamations
7. Tim said that? Rising intonation / Repetition-question or confirming
Anonymous:i was so hard to listen carefully in my teacher it was so hard to listen a rising and falling intonation plz more
Anonymous:[:^)][L]Thanks for helping me.(falling)
it is easy if you know the different kind of intonations because it is the very impotant part of an intonation.
Anonymous:I Gotta tell you this:
Rising Intonation-Questions Answerable by yes or no.
Falling Intonation-A Statement ends with a period/Questions not answerable by a yes or no.
Hope it helps!=)
Anonymous:give me another example as my guide
Anonymous:[H] thank you so very much............................. now my assignment is complete! bye.bye im gonna sleep now..............
Anonymous:i am grateful.falling intonation.
BY AGBOR MATE-LOT UNIVERSITY OF BUEA
People are waiting to help.
Live chatRegistered users can join here
Related forum topics:
Whom was given the book?about intonation of a poem...?Is 'given' ambiguous?is given or is beIng given?Intonation?rising and falling intonation?given?Intonation – Why verbs are not stressed sometimes?Rise/fall intonation patterns fall/rise...Intonation and stress?Was not given to?In the givenIntonation in BrE and AmE without context?