Dear teacher,

Please help me with the question below. Thanks.

You need a ____ from the Ministry of Forestry to cut down trees in this area.

a) permission

b) remission

c) permit

d) commit

I am not sure if a) or c) is the right answer? Why?


'Permission' is an uncountable noun , and 'permit' is a countable noun that takes an article. So, the answer is (c).

"You need permission from the ..."

"You need a permit from the .."
Students: Are you brave enough to let our tutors analyse your pronunciation?
"A" (permission) may work without the article "a".

"C" is the correct answer with the existing context.