What are some adjectives to describe a programme where students take an active role in pretty much everything while the teacher takes a back seat?

Thanks in advance
At the University of California, they call this a symposium. A student teaches an entire class, while the professor observes.
Site Hint: Check out our list of pronunciation videos.
This is interesting since here in the UK it refers to a gathering of experts in particular field with the aim of discussion and presentation, rather than teaching.

A simple expression to answer the original question could be eg: 'student-led'. Ultimately, the teacher/ professor maintains a role albeit a silent one.
Thank you very much.Emotion: smile