+0

http://www.EnglishForward.com#error

Louisiana Tech's Journalism Department suffers a devastating loss

Mrs. Elizabeth B. Christian, 29, a professor of Journalism at Louisiana Tech, who also

lived in Ruston, died from smoke inhalation after a trashcan in her class caught on fire.

President of Louisiana Tech, Dr. Dan Reneau, said the following about Christian's death.

"We are all saddened at this loss. Christian was a valuable asset to the university

community, to Ruston and to Louisiana. We will honor her memory as best we can. This is the

first time anyone has died on the Tech campus since the school was founded in 1894. We will

hold a memorial service for Christian at 2 p.m. tomorrow in Howard Auditorium." Reneau said.

Before her arrival, fifteen Louisiana Tech journalism students were sitting in Keeny Hall

Room 146 waiting for her to come to their 9:30 a.m. journalism class. A student named Rufus

L. Kazelskis, 20, of Farmerville, entered the classroom smoking a cigarette. Another student

Henrietta Philips, 21, of Baton Rouge informed Kazelskis that smoking was not allowed in the

classroom. Kazelskis then tossed the cigarette into the trashcan and the bell rang for class to

begin. Christian entered her classroom and was praising her class for making 100s' on its 97th AP

quiz of the quarter when suddenly student Hazelanne Badelorfski, of Bernice, yelled "Fire."

The trash can had caught on fire and the entire classroom filled up with smoke. Christian tried to

get students out of the classroom while the fire spread throughout the room.

"We were sitting in class when I noticed the fire. When everyone saw the blaze all of us

began to scream, except for Dr. Christian. She urged us to remain calm and ushered us out of the

room. She was wonderful. She stayed behind to make sure we all got out but then she didn't

come out. She died to save us. I've never seen anything so horrible. She was the best professor I

ever had." Badelorfski said.

At 9:50 a.m., the Fire Department arrived and put out the fire. Kazelskis, Badelorfski, and

Philips were injured, all three students escaped the fire, but suffered smoke inhalation. They

were taken to North Louisiana Medical Center where they were treated and released.

Christian is survived by her husband, Lance, and by five children. Her funeral will be

held at five p.m. Sunday at Episcopal Church of the Ascension in Ruston. In lieu of flowers, the

family asks that memorials be made to the American Rutabaga Society of Monroe.
+0
Louisiana Tech's Journalism Department suffers a devastating loss (You could make a more specific headline)
Mrs. Elizabeth B. Christian, 29, a professor of Journalism at Louisiana Tech,
who also lived in Ruston (this clause is not really important here), died from smoke inhalation after a trashcan in her class caught on fire. (You could put a sentence or two about her heroism here, and that 3 students had minor injuries. These are the most important facts for human interest.)

President of Louisiana Tech, Dr. Dan Reneau, said the following about Christian's death. "We are all saddened at this loss. Christian was a valuable asset to the university community, to Ruston and to Louisiana. We will honor her memory as best we can. This is the first time anyone has died on the Tech campus since the school was founded in 1894. We will hold a memorial service for Christian at 2 p.m. tomorrow in Howard Auditorium (You can put the memorial service information below together with the funeral service information)." Reneau said. (you already have "Reneau said" at the beginning. It is repetitious)
Before her arrival, fifteen Louisiana Tech journalism students were sitting in Keeny Hall Room 146 waiting for Dr. Christian her to come to their 9:30 a.m. journalism class. A student named Rufus L. Kazelskis, 20, of Farmerville, entered the classroom smoking a cigarette. Another student
Henrietta Philips, 21, of Baton Rouge informed Kazelskis that smoking was not allowed in the classroom.
Kazelskis then tossed the cigarette into the trashcan and the bell rang for
class to begin. Christian entered her classroom and was praising her class for making 100s' on its 97th AP quiz of the quarter when suddenly student Hazelanne Badelorfski, of Bernice, yelled "Fire." The trash can had caught on fire and the entire classroom filled up with smoke. Christian tried to
get students out of the classroom while the fire spread throughout the room.
"We were sitting in class when I noticed the fire. When everyone saw the blaze all of us began to scream, except for Dr. Christian. She urged
us to remain calm and ushered us out of the room. She was wonderful. She stayed behind to makesure we all got out but then she didn't come out. She died to save us. I've never seen anything so horrible. She was the best professor I ever had." Badelorfski said.

At 9:50 a.m., the Fire Department arrived and put out the fire. Kazelskis, Badelorfski, and Philips were injured, all three students escaped the fire, but suffered smoke inhalation. They were taken to North Louisiana Medical Center where they were treated and released.

Christian is survived by her husband, Lance, and by five children. Her funeral will be held at five p.m. Sunday at Episcopal Church of the Ascension in Ruston. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that memorials be made to the American Rutabaga Society of Monroe.
Comments  
Louisiana Tech's Journalism Department suffers a devastating loss to a faculty member.
Mrs. Elizabeth B. Christian, 29, a professor of Journalism at Louisiana Tech, who also
lived in Ruston, died from smoke inhalation after a trashcan in her class caught on fire. Christian
tried to get students out of the classroom while the fire spread throughout the room.

President of Louisiana Tech, Dr. Dan Reneau, said the following about Christian's death.
"We are all saddened at this loss. Christian was a valuable asset to the university community, to
Ruston and to Louisiana. We will honor her memory as best we can. This is the first time anyone
has died on the Tech campus since the school was founded in 1894."

Fifteen Louisiana Tech journalism students were sitting in Keeny Hall Room 146 waiting
for Dr. Christian to come to their 9:30 a.m. journalism class. A student named Rufus L.
Kazelskis, 20, of Farmerville, entered the classroom smoking a cigarette. Another student
Henrietta Philips, 21, of Baton Rouge informed Kazelskis that smoking was not allowed in the
classroom. Kazelskis then tossed the cigarette into the trashcan and the bell rang for class to
begin. Christian entered her classroom and was praising her class for making 100s' on its 97th AP
quiz of the quarter when suddenly student Hazelanne Badelorfski, of Bernice, yelled "Fire."
The trash can had caught on fire and the entire classroom filled up with smoke.

"We were sitting in class when I noticed the fire. When everyone saw the blaze all of us
began to scream, except for Dr. Christian. She urged us to remain calm and ushered us out of the
room. She was wonderful. She stayed behind to make sure we all got out but then she didn't
come out. She died to save us. I've never seen anything so horrible. She was the best professor I
ever had." Badelorfski said.

At 9:50 a.m., the Fire Department arrived and put out the fire. Kazelskis, Badelorfski, and
Philips were injured, all three students escaped the fire, but suffered smoke inhalation. They
were taken to North Louisiana Medical Center where they were treated and released.

We will hold a memorial service for Christian at 2 p.m. tomorrow in Howard
Auditorium." Reneau said.

Christian is survived by her husband, Lance, and by five children. Her funeral will be
held at five p.m. Sunday at Episcopal Church of the Ascension in Ruston. In lieu of flowers, the
family asks that memorials be made to the American Rutabaga Society of Monroe.