My Pain doctor has some titles behind his name and I would like to know what they mean. They are MBCHB, FRCPC, and FFPMANZCA. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.


Fellowship of the Faculty of Pain Medicine, Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists

I found the above by a google search.

Try to search for the other two yourself, OK?




Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada



Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, or in Latin : Medicinae Baccalaureus, Baccalaureus Chirurgiae (abbreviated in many ways, e.g. MB ChB

Students: We have free audio pronunciation exercises.

Thank you Clive. I had searched for myself and has no luck. My sister is a Psychologist and she had never heard of the one you answered.

Have a great Day.

 Clive's reply was promoted to an answer.
Site Hint: Check out our list of pronunciation videos.