Correct personal address to a widowed woman?

This is a discussion thread · 1 replies
I have to write to a widowed woman in Great Britain whom I don't know and she doesn't know me. I don't want to be inpolite and are wondering what the correct personal address is. Can anyone please help me?
New Member01
First, you must find out what family name she uses, her former husband's name (Windsor) or her maiden name (Stewart).

Then address her as Mrs.Windsor or Ms.Stuart.

Also, I don't think you'd be wrong with Ms.Windsor either.

This is what I would do, but I'm not British. So you may want to wait for a more culturally sensitive opinion.
Full Member199
© MediaCet Ltd. 2016, xC v7.3.1.14987. All content posted by our users is a contribution to the public domain, this does not include imported usenet posts.*
For web related enquires please contact us on
*Usenet post removal: Use 'X-No-Archive' or please send proof of the poster's email, we will remove immediately.
Views expressed in this community do not reflect the views of MediaCet LTD, and we are in no way liable for such content.
Offensive or malicious content will be removed immediately, please send an email to