Do we add an "s" for female doctor?


Doctor John and doctors Flesha?


Even in the od old sexist days, we rarely had a feminine forms for job titles such as Doctor, Professor, President, Senator, Colonel, Major, Captain, Inspector, etc.

Many jobs had feminine equivalents, editor/editress, actor/actress, policeman/police woman , etc, but we have now either dropped the feminine form or come up with a new term: editor/editress, actor/actress, policeman/police woman police officer.


No, it's not added in English.

Best wishes,


Site Hint: Check out our list of pronunciation videos.

It would be an "e" if anything, but no. We hardly inflect at all that way, and even less all the time with the women's rights thing. We still do "blond/blonde" and only a handful of others.

 fivejedjon's reply was promoted to an answer.