This is a discussion thread · 524 replies
• There are 5 houses that are each a different colour.
• There is a person of a different nationality in each house.
• The 5 owners drink a certain drink. They each smoke a certain brand of cigarettes and also have a certain pet. No owner has the same pet, smokes the same brand of cigarettes nor drinks the same drink.
• The question is. “Who has the fish?”
1. The British man lives in the red house.
2. The Swedish man has a dog for a pet.
3. The Danish man drinks tea.
4. The green house is to the left of the white house.
5. The owner of the green house drinks coffee.
6. The person that smokes Pall Mall has a bird.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The person that lives in the middle house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The person that smokes Blend, lives next to the one that has a cat.
11. The person that has a horse lives next to the one that smokes Dunhill.
12. The one that smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to a blue house.
15. The person that smokes Blend, has a neighbour that drinks water.
If you read below you will see the answer (so don't read below until you've tried!)
a3Dgf4yeSaUrgffmhddaSvsne (Every fourth letter woodward, am I right?)
Nice one Einstein!
Btw: A friend of mine said just now 'So Einstein was wrong!' <- hehe
Looking for ESL work?: Try our EFL / TOEFL / ESL Jobs Section!
LOL. It's amazing how many minutes/hours/days/months people will spend to be included in the top 2%. Could your friend do it?
Yeah that 2% thing is a great hook!
When I'm right, he also lives in the 2nd house, which is blue. He smokes Prince and his favorite drink is water, am I right??
I think I solved it.... boy did taht take a long time, but check it out!
1. MAN: Norwegian HOUSE: Yellow SMOKE: Dunhill DRINK: water PET: cat
2. MAN: Danish HOUSE: Blue SMOKE: Blend DRINK: Tea PET: Horse
3. MAN: British HOUSE: Red SMOKE: Palmal DRINK: Milk PET: Bird
4. MAN: German HOUSE: Green SMOKE: Prince DRINK: Coffee PET: [fish] <---- answer
5. MAN: Swedish HOUSE: White SMOKE: Blue Master DRINK: Beer PET: Dog
People are waiting to help.
Related forum topics: