The situation is :

My friend's father has died. My friend is very sad. I am sad too.

I want to express my sympathy to my friend.

I want to condole to my friend.

How could i do that?
Full Member328

There are many things to say, but a simple thing is 'I am very, very sorry about your father'.

Best wishes, Clive
Veteran Member79,194
Moderator: A super-user who takes care of the forums. You have the ability to message a moderator privately should you wish. These users have a range of elevated privileges including the deletion, editing and movement of posts when needed.Teachers: Users in this role are certified teachers. This may include DELTA, CELTA, TESOL, TEFL qualified professionals. Email a scan of your qualification to an admin, if you wish to be considered.
A traditional phrase in English is, "I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences."

A similar construction is "My condolences on the loss of your father" or "My condolences on your father's passing."

When it is someone I know very well, I sign my note,

"Sharing your grief,
-- Ankhorite"

Other people might say, "sharing your sorrow" or just "sincerely" or "with love."
New Member03
Looking for ESL work?: Try our EFL / TOEFL / ESL Jobs Section!
thank you very much sir.