I am currently in the works of helping a client setting up a website for his business, that he wants to grow internationally. The business's name in Swedish can roughly be translated to "The Racket Lab" (he works with customisation of tennis rackets, hence the name).

Now we are in dire need of help with whether we should do an open or closed compound word of the two words "racket" and "lab"; more specifically with whether we should actually call the website "The Racket Lab" or "The Racketlab".

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.


Call it The Racket Lab and use something like this for a logo or for advertisements:

(Labrador Retriever ~ 'Lab')


candle grape 70 "The Racketlab".

That is a soundproof chamber for conducting experiments to study the effect of loud, obnoxious, and cacophonous noises on humans and animals

Teachers: We supply a list of EFL job vacancies
candle grape 70The Racket Lab" or "The Racketlab".

Either would be fine, though "The Racketlab" has a certain buzz about it that would make it my favorite.

Incidentally, "Racket Lab written as two separate words is not a compound, but a syntactic construction consisting of modifier+head. "Racketlab", on the other hand is a single word consisting not of two words, but of two bases, "racket" and "lab" combined to form a single word.

 CalifJim's reply was promoted to an answer.
 AlpheccaStars's reply was promoted to an answer.
Site Hint: Check out our list of pronunciation videos.