Ques: Decide whether the intonation is rising or falling at the end of given sentences and give reason to support your answer:
1. Who is he? Falling intonation / Wh-question
2. Is she here? Rising intonation / Yes/No or polarity type Question
3. You´re going aren´t you? Rising intonation / Tag-question
4. You aren´t going are you? Rising intonation / Tag-question
5. Why did you do it? Falling intonation / Wh-question
6. That´s so nice of you! Falling intonation / Exclamations
7. Tim said that? Rising intonation / Repetition-question or confirming
Looking for ESL work?: Try our EFL / TOEFL / ESL Jobs Section!
it is easy if you know the different kind of intonations because it is the very impotant part of an intonation.
Rising Intonation-Questions Answerable by yes or no.
Falling Intonation-A Statement ends with a period/Questions not answerable by a yes or no.
Hope it helps!=)
People are waiting to help.
Related forum topics: