+0

When he is best, then he should got 100th percentile except 99th.

Why we can not write 100th percentile.

We always got 99th percentile.

Please answer sir

+0
silver park 743Why we can not write 100th percentile.

The percentile of a given value is determined by the percentage of the values that are smaller in the group than that value.

For example, a test score that is higher than 95 percent of the other scores is in the 95th percentile.

A test score cannot be higher than 100% of the other scores because it is in that group and cannot be higher than itself!
It can be higher than 99% of the other scores because that group contains 1% of the group's highest scores.

+0
silver park 743Why we can not write 100th percentile?

A person who scores in the 100th percentile has a score that is higher than the scores of 100% of the people who took the exam. It's logically impossible.

Suppose the scores are as follows:

35, 42, 21, 28, 45, 38, 37

Which of those is higher than every score listed? (You can't say '45', because it's not higher than '45'.)

CJ