Forgive me asking this stupid sounded question but I need to find a better word. My question is, what would be the best describable word for TV programs like, "Dr. Phil" or "The Oprah Winfrey Show"? All I can come up with is "talkback" but it doesn't fit my impression of those programs. To my ears, they are somewhat more educated, and even elegant. Talkback sounds a bit too casual.
Please give me your word!!

They are still 'talk shows'.'Talkback' is not an English word I know in this context. (And I find them not particularly educated and often inelegant.)
Site Hint: Check out our list of pronunciation videos.
Thanks for your reply. Then I just say, 'talk show'.
Emotion: smile
jimmiefujitaThen I just say, 'talk show'.
Yes. That's it. Good idea.

Awww, Mr. M. I'm crushed. I thought you would have been nourishing the hope in your bosom that one day you too could go on one of those shows to talk about how you felt when your brother stole your father's girlfriend and how Daddy got even by marrying the girlfriend's daughter (the one she had with her second cousin who is now in prison) the moment the girl turned 18, in essence making your brother his own step-grandfather...
Students: Are you brave enough to let our tutors analyse your pronunciation?
'Tain't funny. My aunt's my grandmother, and I don't want to talk about it. All the rest of the family has been...for the past 30 years.