The charts below show the average percentages in typical meals of three types of nutrients, all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The three pie charts indicate the average proportions in different meals of three nutrients namely sodium, saturated fat, and added sugar, which can be not good for people’s health if consumed in excess.

Overall, it is noticeable that at dinner, sodium and saturated fat are consumed mostly, while added sugar is taken in chiefly from snacks. In addition, breakfast was the meal having the least contribution of the three nutrients.

In terms of sodium and saturated fat, both nutrients are mostly provided in dinner at 43% and 37% respectively, while the proportions of them in lunch made up the second most significant part with 29% and 26% of each nutrient. The percentages of sodium in breakfast and snacks are equal to 14%, whereas the proportions of saturated fat in these meals are 16% and 26% respectively

Regarding added sugar, 42% of this nutrient is chiefly from snacks, which nearly doubles
the figure for dinner (23%). The percentage of added sugar in lunch is 19% higher than that of breakfast is just 3%.

The three pie charts indicate the average proportions in four different meals of three nutrients namely sodium, saturated fat, and added sugar, which can be are not good for people’s health if consumed in excess. The meals are breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.

Overall, it is noticeable that at dinner contains the highest proportions of sodium and saturated fat are consumed mostly, while added sugar is taken in chiefly from snacks. In addition, breakfast was the meal having the least contribution of the three nutrients.

In terms of Sodium and saturated fat, both nutrients are mostly provided in dinner at 43% and 37% respectively, while the proportions of them in lunch made up the second most significant portions part with 29% and 26% of each nutrient. The percentages of sodium in breakfast and snacks are equal to 14%, whereas the proportions of saturated fat in these meals are 16% and 26% respectively. Regarding added sugar, 42% of this nutrient is chiefly from snacks, which is nearly twice that doubles the figure for dinner (23%). The percentage of added sugar in lunch is 19% 3% higher than that of breakfast, which is 16% is just 3%.

Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it, but I have some questions that I haven't understood yet, can you explain for me?

Why in this sentence "which is nearly twice that doubles the figure for dinner (23%)." The word "doubles the figure for " is crossed out?

And in the last sentence "The percentage of added sugar in lunch is 19% 3% higher than that of breakfast, which is 16% is just 3%."

I wonder if there's something wrong with my old expression?

Thank you!

Students: We have free audio pronunciation exercises.
Khanhchi1508The word "doubles the figure for " is crossed out?

There are two forms for the word "double." Do not confuse them.

1. A dynamic verb, which describes an increase of one measure that occurs over time. For example:

The weight of an octopus doubles every three months during its first year of life.
The population of our city has doubled over the past decade.
The demographers expect the world's population to double by 2100.
You can double your chances of winning the lottery by buying two tickets instead of one.


2. A static adjective, which describes the difference in magnitude of two different measurements at the same point in time.


The number of stories read by the first grade class was double that of the second grade class.
The number of women teachers is double that of the men teachers in high school liberal arts classes. However, the reverse is true for science and math subjects where there are two men teachers for every woman.

Khanhchi1508And in the last sentence "The percentage of added sugar in lunch is 19% higher than that of breakfast is just 3%."

There are two problems.

1. The structure is not grammatical.

" than that of breakfast is just 3%."

You cannot have a full clause when a noun phrase is required.

Here is the pattern; X and Y are nouns.

X is 29% higher than Y.

2. The math is wrong.

The native speaker will correct the sentence by scratching the last ungrammatical part.

"The percentage of added sugar in lunch is 19% higher than that of breakfast.  is just 3%.."

Mathematically, this means that if the value for breakfast is X% (where X is a number between 0 and 100), then the value for lunch is (X+19)%

For example, if breakfast is 20%, then lunch is 39%.
If breakfast is 40%, then lunch is 59%. (In this case, the total of breakfast + lunch would be 99%, which leaves only 1% for the other two meals.)



Thank you so much for your explanations, I will focus on my mistakes to improve my score!

Students: Are you brave enough to let our tutors analyse your pronunciation?