Topic: The pie charts below give information about the household expenditure of an average US family in different years.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

My essay

The pie charts compare the total expenditure of one typical household in the US in six different categories, surveyed in 1970 and 2004.

Overall, there was some significant change in terms of the average money allocation among groups, with spending on childcare, mortgages rose while others tended to narrow the budget.

In 1970, there was an equal proportion for three common categories, with approximately a quarter of total expense paid for mortgage, clothing, and food for each kind. By contrast, by 2004, the percentage of money allocation for mortgage accounted for half of the total expenditure, twofold higher than its initial level. The proportion spent on both food and clothing halved to 12% and 10% respectively and 8% less of the total income was taken up by transport cost (5% in 2004). Meanwhile, expenditure on entertainment remained the same at 13% after 35 years. The 2014 family allocated 10 times more of the budget in terms of childcare.

You might be interested in:

Please Review My Writing Essay

Topic: The chart below shows the price in Euros of 800 grams of four types of bread in one European country from 2001 to 2006 My essay: The line chart compares four kinds of...

Please Review My Writing

The line graph below shows the number of birds of different types sighted at Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary between 2001 and 2014. The line graph compares the amount of three kinds...

Please Review My Essay Writing Task 1

MY ESSAY The pie charts given illustrates the amount of three types of nutrients (sodium ,saturated fat ,added sugar )consumed in the form of different meals (breakfast, lunch...

Please Review My Writing Task 1 Essay.

The clustered bar chart compares the percentage of youngster who got into higher education in four different countries in 2000, 2005 and 2010. These were country A, country B,...

Please Review My Task 1 Writing

Hi Please give your views on my IELTS Task 1 essay. The graph shows data on the manufacture of passenger cars in 2015. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting...