The pie charts below show the main reasons why students chose to study at a particular UK University in 1987 and 2007.

The two pie charts compare the percentage of students who picked one of six reasons why they elected to study at a particular Uk university between 1987 and 2007. There are six reasons given, quality of resources, suitable degree courses, close to parental home, quality of teaching and good sports and social activities.

Overall, the reason getting the largest number of votes in both years was suitable degree courses. The greatest differences between the two years were for close to parental home and for good sports and social activities.

In detail, suitable degree courses had about the same percentage, 35% for 1987 and 37% for 2007. In 1987, two-fifths of students said that they chose this university because of good sports and social activities and quality of resources, 19% and 21% respectively. In contrast, 40% of students elected two other reasons: quality of teaching (18%) and close to parental home (22%) in 2007. The lowest number of votes in 1987 was close to parental home, with 10%, comparable to 2007 when the lowest choice was good sports and social activities which got only 6% of votes.

The two pie charts compare the percentage of students who picked one of six (You did not count them correctly.) reasons why they elected to study at a particular Uk university in 1987 and 2007. between 1987 and 2007. ("between X and Y" refers to a line graph when you have continuous data in a time period. It is not descriptive of a chart where data is at discrete, not continuous, point in time.)


This is clearer because it names the pie charts for the two years.

The two pie charts, one labelled 1987 and the other 2007, compare the percentage of students who picked one of five reasons why they elected to study at a particular UK university.


There are six reasons: given, quality of resources, suitable degree courses, close to parental home, quality of teaching and good sports and social activities.

Overall, the reason getting the largest number of votes in both years was "suitable degree courses". (The quotes make it easy for the reader to treat that phrase as one unit, not as words in the sentence.) The greatest differences between the two years were for "close to parental home" and for "good sports and social activities."

In detail, "suitable degree courses" had about the same percentage, 35% for 1987 and 37% for 2007. In 1987, two-fifths of students picked said that they chose this university because of (You do not need to repeat these phrases. The reader knows the subject..) "good sports and social activities" and "quality of resources", 19% and 21% respectively. In contrast, in 2007, (The contrast is the year. You need to put this up front. Also, the total is the same, so use the same number format, fractional) two-fifths 40% of students elected chose two other reasons: "quality of teaching" (18%) and "close to parental home" (22%) in 2007. The lowest number of votes in smallest percentage in 1987 was went to "close to parental home", with 10%, whereas in comparable to 2007 when the lowest choice was it went to (Learn to use pronouns to avoid repetition or awkward rephrasing.) "good sports and social activities" which got only 6% of votes.