hi ,
when at school or university you fail a course, you have to retake it
what is this course called when you're taking it for the second time
and whats a refresh course ? does such a word exist ?
Hi Anon,

The issue has just been mentioned on the following link:



Contributing Member1,430
AnonymousWhat's a refresh course ?
There is no such thing. You mean refresher course. If you have been away from your studies for a long time and have forgotten things you learned, you may want to take a refresher course to help you call to mind the material you have forgotten.

When you are not qualified to proceed to more advanced courses in your field, you may be required to take a remedial course to bring you up to speed before continuing.

If you fail a course and have to repeat it, you just say you have to repeat the course or that you are retaking the course. I'm not aware of any special name for that. I would not call it either a refresher course or a remedial course.

Veteran Member72,152
Moderator: A super-user who takes care of the forums. You have the ability to message a moderator privately should you wish. These users have a range of elevated privileges including the deletion, editing and movement of posts when needed.Proficient Speaker: Users in this role are known to maintain an excellent grasp of the English language. You can only be promoted to this role by the Englishforums team.