1. 'I haven't heard from Hugo recently. Is he around?'
'Yes, but he's thinking of going in the French Alps soon.'
2. She didn't know who to for help.
3. 'Where's Anne?'
'She's busy the washing up.'
4. 'The Government appear to have made up their minds at last.'
'It's about time! They've spent months this issue.'
5. 'I don't think he will admit to his fault.'
'I agree. It takes courage the truth.'
6. No matter what Jo said, she couldn't make him her point.
7. 'So, whose fault was it? Jane's or Brian's?'
' fair, they were both partly to blame.'
8. Sarah is honest and hard-working, but she tends a little stubborn.
9. 'She was great, wasn't she?'
'Absolutely. I can't recall the last time I heard her such an inspiring speech.'
From: Evans, V. (2002) CPE Use of English 1 for the Revised Cambridge Proficiency Exam: Student's Book. Express Publishing.
Looking for ESL work?: Try our EFL / TOEFL / ESL Jobs Section!
People are waiting to help.
Related forum topics: