I returned the mobile phone I bought nearly 2 months ago and asked me to give a new phone. In other words I lodged a complaint with the shop where I bought it. They will give me a new one after consulting Nokia.

What is the name of this procedure? This has nothing to do with repair. There should be an English word for this procedure.
Warranty replacement?
You can also launch a complaint. OR You can file a complaint (if online).

2.I asked for a warranty replacement.
Students: We have free audio pronunciation exercises.
Thanks rishonly

1.I made a complaint with the shop.

2.I asked a warranty replacement.

Are both sentences correct in this context?

It may be that I asked for a warranty replacement or I asked for the warranty replacement.
I am not sure.

Please comment
 Savvysavz's reply was promoted to an answer.
Site Hint: Check out our list of pronunciation videos.