Try out our live chat room.
I think you twist and squeeze them, as if you were wringing out a flannel or a wet undergarment.
Students: We have free audio pronunciation exercises.
We must present a strange spectacle to anyone looking in, as we each make mysterious hand movements to ourselves...
Well said MrP. However, Khof's comment raised another question. So, we rub our hands against each other when we wash our hands? Any other verbs?
There is an expression, "one hand washes the other" (although now that I think of it, it should really be EACH hand washes the other) that means "you help me, I help you" or, in Latin, "quid pro quo."
Site Hint: Check out our list of pronunciation videos.
- Hands, Arms?
- Need Your Hands On This Sentence Completion...
- Good Hands?
- Drop Hands?
- Wash The Hands?
- «...Clean Grimy Hands...»?
- Hands-On Gallery?
- Clean His Hands?
- Wringing My Hands In Vietnam?
- Expression: "Drop Your Hands"?
- A Real Hands On Someone?
- Look It Into Your Hands ?
- Meaning Of "Moving One's Hands Toward One's Face"?
- Hands Reach?