Are you studying English and would like to express your thoughts better? In order to succeed at this task, you have to practice all the time. There is a huge variety of many different exercises that you can do in order to improve your writing skills. In this article, you can read more about ways to make your writing skills better as well as tips for ESL students on how to write good papers.
The Best Writing Exercises for ESL Students
Many ESL students get a lot of papers to write. If you have a lot of homework to work on, you can also turn for professional help to an essay writing service that is committed to customizing papers. But in case you would like to improve your writing skills and do some exercises, here we have got for you some of the activities and tasks that you can try to do in order to learn more about good writing:
- Describe something. Being able to write good descriptions is one of the most important writing skills. Think about things that surround you and try to give it a clear description and provide your reader with some details. This way, you will know how to describe different objects and use vocabulary.
- Cause and effect essay. If you would like not only to understand many different topics and terms but also to explain to them, writing such a type of paper would be extremely helpful. This might be a complicated type of writing, but it is definitely worth your time and effort.
- Opinion and argument. This one is the most popular task ESL students get to do. It is especially good for those who would like to learn how to share their thoughts and opinions on different topics. You will also understand how to create a good structure for a paper.
- Letter writing. Of course, these days people don’t often send actual letters. Now, we often write emails that can also be formal and informal. It is crucial to learn how to compose letters since you will definitely have to write emails to different people and companies.
- Reviews. Probably everyone would like to share their thoughts interestingly when talking about books and movies. Writing reviews is one of the best ways to do that. Right after you watch a movie or read a book, write a short review where you will discuss your opinion and impression.
Guide on How to Write Any Papers for ESL Students
If you are an ESL student, you know how hard it can be to learn how to write good papers. Still, this skill is very important, especially if you would like to speak English fluently. Here we have got for you a short guide on how to write any essays or papers like a native speaker:
- Get ready for writing. Before you actually start working on the assignment, you should first prepare for it. Get some snacks, pens, water, thesaurus, as well as some other materials that you might need.
- Improve your vocab. To write good papers, you should learn as many words as possible as well as their synonyms. One of the goals that you should attempt to achieve is to learn as many words that would come to your main without thinking as possible.
- Listen to your writing. After you are finished writing the paper, read it out loud. Because you will get too familiar with your writing, you will not be able to see all of the mistakes only if you re-read what you wrote. Read the paper and record yourself to find some errors you have made.
- Ask someone to read your paper. If someone reads your paper before you submit it, you will make your writing even better. Ideally, it should be a native English speaker, but if you don’t know anyone, you can also ask someone who knows English very well to read your writing.
- Read some literature and samples. Reading books along with samples of essays in English will not only help you to understand this language better but also makes your vocabulary much richer. It will be much easier for you to write papers in English if you read books in the original language.
Become Fluent in English with the Best Exercises
Good writing skills are important even if you don’t plan to become a writer. This is something that you will always need, and not only in college. If you would like to write better essays, you can always ask the professionals to help you out with writing. There are many good services that assist students with their assignments. Remember that there is nothing you can’t do when it comes to academics, so just try your best to achieve all goals.
Please be advised that the views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in this blog is solely that of the Author or his/her sources and does not necessarily reflects those of English Forward. This includes, but is not limited to, third-party content contained on or accessible through the English Forward websites and web pages or sites displayed as search results or contained within a directory of links on the English Forward network.