P3500 Teachers’ allowance to be released 2nd week of June

PH Teachers’ allowance to be released by mid-June.

Teachers’ allowance for the school year 2020-2021

As June opens, DepEd undersecretary Analyn Sevilla announced the possible date of release for the teachers’ allowance for the school year 2020-2021.

We are eyeing the second week of June as the release date for the P3500 teachers’ allowance. They will decide where to spend the budget, it won’t be accounted for by the department.

According to Sevilla, the budget will be allocated to help teachers purchase learning materials to be used for the school year 2020-2021. Teachers can decide whether what they will need to help them cope up with the new norm of distance learning starting August 24.

Teachers annually receive the cash allowance for the purpose of purchasing basic teaching materials such as chalks, markers, bond papers, and printer ink. The difference this time, since classes are most likely to go full distance learning, chalks, markers, etc. won’t be needed at all. The department is advising the teachers to use the budget in purchasing materials, which they think can help them with online learning based on the guidelines of the  Learning Continuity Plan (LCP).

In addition, the DepEd will include a guideline on the possible learning materials that teachers should look into spending the allowance on. This will serve as a guide for teaching materials that teachers should look into for the implementation of the LCP.

With a limited budget out of the COVID-19 pandemic, Sevilla counts on the teachers that they will efficiently handle the allowance in purchasing materials essential for the success of the LCP system. Since face-to-face classes are prohibited under the LCP, teachers must make use of learning modules and printed workbooks to deliver lessons to students under their supervisory.

The teachers’ allowance can be used to purchases bond papers and printer inks to come up with workbooks. Parents can pick up these workbooks in a scheduled manner at the teacher’s residence or school premises.